Join the grand opening community celebration for the Cedar Riverside Opportunity Center.
The Center will be a one-stop shop for educational and workforce resources and a pipeline for job opportunities.
The event begins at 2:00 p.m. with an outdoor program and ribbon cutting. After the ribbon cutting, participate in:
- Tour of the new building
Sunday, March 12 at 2:00 p.m. Cedar Riverside Opportunity Center
515 15th Ave South, Minneapolis
About the New Opportunity Center
The Cedar Riverside Opportunity Center will serve as a pipeline to public and private sector job opportunities. Resources will focus on the neighborhood’s East African community. Key goals of the center include:
- Reducing the neighborhood’s unemployment rate
- Increasing access to educational programs
EMERGE community development programming at the center will include:
- Workforce development – Conversations with a workforce coach to explore jobs that fit experience,interests and aptitudes
- Youth employment and education – Computer skills education, employment experience and more
- Personal finance help - Financial coaches available to set up a budget and start to build savings
Hennepin County Library programming in the center will include:
- Teen Tech Squad, which will lead technology-based workshops designed to develop creative problem solving skills
- An overview of library resources that can assist with building job skills
- Employment-focused learning circles with tips on preparing for job interviews
Employers with a robust recruiting presence at the center will include Hennepin County, Fairview Health Services, Hennepin County Medical Center, City of Minneapolis, University of Minnesota, Augsburg College and St. Catherine University.